Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Funding & Resources

CREES Funding for Undergraduate Students

FLAS Fellowships
Deadline: January 15
Academic Year and Summer Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships

CREES Summer Funding
Deadline: March 1
CREES supports the following grants, which are part of the Summer Grants for Research and Internships in Europe & Eurasia:

Conference Travel Grants
Deadline: Rolling
CREES Conference Travel Grants

Interested students should contact with any questions about these funding opportunities. Awards are contingent on the availability of funds.

Opportunities Abroad

CREES helps coordinate student interships in Russia and Eastern Europe. Information about the current offerings are listed on the Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia (WCEE) Opportunities Abroad page.  

Some students opt to pursue study abroad programs on their own that are not sponsored by U-M (see sample programs listed below). Courses taken on non-U-M programs may or may not count for credit or towards distribution or major requirements. Please consult with the LSA Academic Advising Center and your department advisor for advice on transfer credits before enrolling in these non-U-M programs. 

Two useful resources for program options are:

  1. The CREES Jobs, Internships, & Fellowships Blog
  2. The International Center's Education Abroad Office (a clearinghouse for information on a broad range of education abroad options including study, internships, volunteering, etc.)

Programs at Other U.S. Colleges and Universities

Other Information Resources or Program Providers

Travel Policy

All U-M students traveling abroad for university-related purposes must follow the U-M Travel Policy. For details, please see the International Institute Travel Policy.