For information on area summer language programs outside the U.S., as well as several with both U.S. and overseas components, see Study Abroad.
- The American Association of Teachers of Slavic and Eastern European Languages has a website listing intensive programs in Slavic and East European languages in the U.S. and abroad.
- The University of Michigan Summer Language Institute offers intensive Russian language courses.
- The Baltic Studies Summer Institute (BALSSI) offers intensive Estonian, Latvian, and Lithuanian language courses. Supported by a consortium of U.S. Department of Education-designated National Resource Centers, BALSSI rotates among participating schools. In 2017, it will be held at Indiana University.
- The Summer Workshop in Slavic, East European and Central Asian Languages at Indiana University offers intensive courses in Russian and a range of languages of Central and East Europe, Central Asia, and the Caucasus.
- The University of Pittsburgh Slavic, East European, and Near Eastern Summer Language Institute offers intensive courses in Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, Bulgarian, Czech, Hungarian, Persian, Polish, Russian, Slovak, Turkish, and Ukrainian.