Skip to Content

Opportunities Abroad

WCEE encourages U-M students to pursue education abroad experiences in Europe and Eurasia. Visit our Student Funding page for information about grants from WCEE to support internships, research projects, and study in these regions.

Internship Opportunities from the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA)

The LSA International Internship Program (IIP) supports internship placements for undergraduate students in a number of European countries. WCEE coordinates Eastern Europe internships for the LSA IIP by identifying internship opportunities and managing placements. Check the IIP website for a list of current internships. This is open to all LSA students, and those who secure internships may apply for Summer Grants for Research and Internships in Europe & Eurasia to help support participation in this program.

Deadline: December 1

Center for Global and Intercultural Study (CGIS)

U-M's Center for Global and Intercultural Study (CGIS) offers semester and year-long study abroad opportunities in European and Eurasian countries for which U-M students receive in-residence (not transfer) credit. Visit M-Compass to search for current program offerings.

Internship Opportunities in Ukraine

Led and organized by Svitlana Rogovyk, lecturer and language program coordinator in the Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures, several internship opportunities are available Ukraine. U-M Ann Arbor students may apply for Summer Grants for Research and Internships in Europe & Eurasia to help support participation in this program. Before traveling to Ukraine on university-related purposes, please review and consult the U-M International Travel Policy and list of University Travel Warning and Travel Restriction Destinations.

Interested students should contact Svitlana Rogovyk for an application.

Poland Study Abroad Program

The University of Michigan, Dearborn offers an interdisciplinary undergraduate study abroad program in major Polish cities on modern Polish history and Polish-Jewish relations. U-M Ann Arbor students can participate. The program is led by U-M Dearborn history professors Anna Muller and Jamie L. Wraight. Interested students should contact the program leaders for more information.

University of Michigan Travel Policy

All U-M students traveling abroad for university-related purposes (i.e., participating in study, research, work, or volunteer programs organized or supported by U-M departments/units or for which U-M in-residence credit is granted) are required to register their travel in the U-M Travel Registry and purchase U-M’s Travel Abroad Health Insurance. Students may also buy this insurance for personal or leisure travel abroad. For information about the U-M international travel policy and other international education resources, see Global Michigan.