Location: Jouy-en-Josas, France
Organization Description: One of the world's best business schools, HEC Paris is a leader in research and education in management sciences. The HEC Summer School offers short-term programs for students at the college or Masters-level as well as for young professionals. Topics range from Fashion and Luxury Management to Finance and Geopolitics. The HEC Youth Leadership Initiative is a residential, leadership immersion program for motivated high-school students. website
Summer School Intern
Position Description: All interns support the successful running of Summer programs and the Youth Leadership Initiative. Responsibilities can include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist pedagogical team with academic and professorial requests
- Contribute to internal and external communication (social media, intranet, etc.)
- Assure student welcome to campus on program orientation days
- Serve as communication liaison between staff and summer students on academic and student life issues
- Lead recreational and social activities
- Welcome guest speakers to campus
- Contribute to marketing efforts
- Conduct benchmarking analyses
- Contribute to summary documents such as program presentations, evaluations, etc.
- Prepare and assist with student welcome and student award ceremonies at program closing
- Regularly propose initiatives that enhance the summer school experience for students
- University-level student familiar with student life on a University campus.
- Pro-active, initiative taker. Strong sense of customer service; ease working with students of all ages (19 – 30). Interest in the workings of an educational environment. High degree of autonomy required.
- Skilled team worker. Ease of adaption in an international setting. Self-starter.
- Another language is a plus.
Language Requirements: English only. French is very useful; other languages are a bonus.
Internship Dates: June-July. Interns will work between 35 and 40 hours/week.
Additional Information: Housing is provided on campus in individual rooms with a private bathroom and shower, as well as small kitchenettes. Interns join the program as exchange students, so they must have the ability to travel to Europe as a student. Interns will join a team of associate interns from other universities.
Number of Positions Available: 1-2