Call for Applications from Faculty in Selected Countries of Europe and Eurasia
Application Deadline: January 15
The Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia at the University of Michigan invites applications for Weiser Professional Development Fellowships from faculty and artists at institutions of higher education in Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
Applicants are invited to propose projects in any field of research or teaching with a faculty partner at the University of Michigan. Candidates must have excellent oral and written English language skills; proficiency will be verified.
The awards support short-term research visits of 2 to 3 months to the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and include round-trip airfare, housing, health insurance, and a stipend. The Weiser Center will grant 4-6 awards for travel to Ann Arbor in September-November 2024 or February-April 2025.
Prior to applying, please read the FAQs as some requirements have changed.
Applicants must submit:
- A completed application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your doctoral diploma or highest professional degree
- A copy of your passport photo page
- A two-page personal statement describing: a) the research or collaborative project you plan to pursue at the University of Michigan, and b) how this opportunity will benefit your home institution
- An invitation from the University of Michigan school, department, and/or faculty partner with whom the research will be conducted; email invitation is acceptable. (For more information about U-M departments and programs, consult umich.edu.) NOTE: The process for applying to work with U-M Law School faculty has changed; please carefully review the FAQs for details.
- Letter of recommendation from the rector or dean of your institution
- A copy of your TOEFL score report (if you have taken the exam in the last three years)
- Consent to participate in interview via telephone, Skype, or Zoom
Application Deadline: January 15 (earlier for applicants wishing to work with U-M Law School faculty - see FAQs for details)
Please contact the Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org