The Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia engages with faculty through our affiliated centers:
- Center for European Studies
- Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies
- Copernicus Center for Polish Studies
Each of these units serve as communities for faculty focused on a common world region. If you are a U-M faculty member interested in becoming affiliated with one of these centers, please visit the relevant website for contact information.
WCEE Faculty Grants
The Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia (WCEE) seeks proposals for research projects from faculty affiliates of WCEE and its centers: the Center for Russia, East European, and Eurasian Studies (CREES); Center for European Studies (CES); and Copernicus Center for Polish Studies (CCPS).
- Grants can be used for, but are not limited to faculty research projects, translation work not covered by UMOR’s publication subvention, or e-Gif cost-sharing.
- Funds cannot be used for salary support, course release, equipment purchases, or expenses related to publication subventions covered by UMOR.
Deadlines for submission of proposals are October 15 and February 15.
Review of proposals will be conducted shortly after each deadline. Award funds will be transferred to the faculty member's research shortcode (maximum of $5,000 per award).
Complete this form and upload as a single PDF the following supporting materials:
- Proposal no longer than 1,000 words
- Short CV
- Budget detailing anticipated costs and all sources of support (pending and confirmed)