Dr. Fuller has extensive experience researching molecular mechanisms of human pathogenic viruses and how these viruses cause disease. Most recently, Dr. Fuller has also focused her research on preventive medicine and medical education through the use of a science-based HIV/AIDS intervention through religious leader networks to actively address infectious disease health disparities. A major objective of this community-based research is to build capacity of clergy and religious leaders to take biomedical research advances into their community organizations and link science and medical based understanding with group and individual actions.
Whilst in Zambia, she will be affiliated to the Copperbelt University School of Medicine, the University of Zambia School Of Medicine, and other organizations such as research and faith-based institutions.
Current Research Interests Include:
· Infectious disease health disparities
· HIV/AIDS prevention and management
· Preventive medicine and medical education
· Molecular biology of human pathogenic viruses
- See more at: http://usembassyzambia.podbean.com/#sthash.hK0MFUNZ.dpuf