- ASC-DAAS Sudarkasa Internship Grant
- ASC-ISR Scholarships for ICPSR Summer School
- Conference Travel Grants
- FLAS Fellowships for Students
- Language Study Scholarships
- Lester P. Monts Award
- Seed Grants for ASC Associates
- Support for Campus Events, Curriculum Enhancement, Partnerships, Public Outreach, Research
- Support for Student Research and Internships in Africa
U.S. Department of Education Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowship
Application Opens: November 1, 2022 / Deadline: February 1, 2023
The African Studies Center (ASC) welcomes applications from U-M undergraduate and graduate students pursuing formal studies of the African languages at the beginner, intermediate or advanced level.
FLAS provides tuition and a stipend to students studying designated foreign languages. FLAS Fellowships are awarded competitively through annual fellowship competitions. The U.S. Department of Education (US/ED) funds these awards under Title VI of the Higher Education Act. The amount of funding and number of awards is contingent upon annual US/ED program approval, federal regulations, as well as continued congressional funding, all of which may change from year to year.
ASC administers FLAS fellowships for the study of Swahili, Yoruba, Portuguese, Arabic, and other African languages.
Late applications will not be considered. For more details, visit ii.umich.edu/ii/funding/FLAS.