This event is sponsored by the Ross School of Business
Symposium topics include the challenges of ensuring social responsibility in the globally dispersed supply chains of today, historical approaches universities have taken, current industry best practices and challenges and brainstorming on what ought to be the role of a university and how could they fulfill that role more effectively.
President Schlissel will deliver the welcome address. Professor Michael H. Posner, co-Director of the Center for Business and Human Rights and Clinical Professor of Business and Society, Stern School of Business (former Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (DRL) of the United States) will deliver a keynote address on the “Evolution of Global Manufacturing and New Challenges”.
The day's events include plenary, panel and moderated break-out sessions. Panel topics / speakers include:
- Professor Richard Locke, Howard Swearer Director, Thomas J. Watson Jr. Institute for International Studies, Brown University.
- Barbara Shailor, Special Representative, International Labor Affairs: Regulatory/Policy Perspectives
- A panel session on Leading Industry Practices on Supply Chain Engagement Strategies for Social Responsibility; (tentative) panelists include Nike, Barnes & Noble (Joel Friedman), Colosseum Athletics, Fairphone + Laborvoices (Sean Ansett).
- A panel session on University’s Role in Labor Standards and Human Rights; Panelists include: Marsha Dickson (U. of Delaware); Siobán Harlow (U of Michigan), Ben Hensler (WRC), Claudia Coenjaerts (FLA)
- Elizabeth Kennedy, Vice President for Corporate Responsibility, The Collegiate Licensing Company - an IMG Company, will lead a discussion on Building Responsible Supply Chains in Small & Medium Companies
- Breakout and report out on next steps for Universities.
Box Lunches will be served.
This event is co-sponsored by: President's Advisory Committee on Labor Standards and Human Rights, Michigan Law, Ford School of Public Policy, Erb Institute, SPH, Human Rights Initiative, International Institute.
Contact Information: LSHRemail@example.com