- Travel Policy
- Boren Fellowships for International Study
- Boren Scholarship for International Study
- Critical Language Scholarship (CLS)
- Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowship
- Fulbright UK Summer Institutes
- Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program
- Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad (FRA) Fellowships
- International Institute Conference Travel Grants
- International Institute Fund for U-M Conferences and Workshops
- International Institute Student Fellowships
- Luce Scholars Program
- US/ED Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad (DDRA) Fellowships
Three-to-four week programs for U.S. undergraduate students. Participants can explore the culture, heritage and history of the United Kingdom while experiencing higher education at a UK university.
Depending on the institute, students will have the opportunity to:
- Study alongside leading academics and professionals
- Develop knowledge in specific fields
- Experience cultural and social events
- Visit museums, galleries, castles, battlegrounds, stately homes and areas of scenic beauty
- Receive credit to transfer to their home institution
- Meet people from across the U.S. and the world
- Become an ambassador for studying in the UK, for the Fulbright Commission and their host institution(s)
- U.S. citizen
- Minimum GPA of 3.7
- At least two years of undergraduate study remaining after the Institute finishes
- Little or no past study or travel outside of the U.S.
Application Deadline: The 2023 application cycle has passed. Please check back later in the year for the 2024 application cycle timeline.
- Online application
- Two (2) references
- Official transcript
Advisors at the International Institute are available to assist students in preparing an application. Advising appointments may be in person, by phone, or via video conference.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 734.936.3966