WCED videos on YouTube
Visit our Multimedia page for video of select programs. Photos by Peter Smith
We wish to thank Ambassador Ronald Weiser and Eileen Lappin Weiser for their generous donation, their engagement, and their commitment to WCED/WCEE and the University of Michigan
Pussy Riot/Zona Prava
Click for video of Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina's appearance at the Michigan Theater. Photo by Peter Smith
The Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies promotes scholarship to better understand the conditions and policies fostering transformations from authoritarian rule to democracy. It also educates new generations of practitioners who can apply their learning and experience to help extend democratic freedoms. Initially focusing on transitions in Europe and Eurasia, it will subsequently expand its scope to other emerging democracies across the globe.
Inaugurated in 2008, WCED works alongside the Center for European Studies; Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies; and Islamic Studies Program and in association with the Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia.
- Call for Applications: Emerging Democracies Postdoctoral Fellowship September 1, 2015
- Weiser Center releases 2014-15 Annual Report July 14, 2015
- WCED and WDI to offer NGO Leadership Training in Bratislava, Slovakia July 7, 2015
- Kaprálová Festival. Opening Fanfare and Lecture
- 1:00 PM
- Kaprálová Festival. Recital of Childhood Pieces and Other Works
- 3:30 PM
- Kaprálová Festival. Piano Recital
- 10:00 AM