WCED videos on YouTube
Visit our Multimedia page for video of select programs. Photos by Peter Smith
We wish to thank Ambassador Ronald Weiser and Eileen Lappin Weiser for their generous donation, their engagement, and their commitment to WCED/WCEE and the University of Michigan
Pussy Riot/Zona Prava
Click for video of Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina's appearance at the Michigan Theater. Photo by Peter Smith
The Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies promotes scholarship to better understand the conditions and policies fostering transformations from authoritarian rule to democracy. Initially focusing on transitions in Europe and Eurasia, it will subsequently expand its scope to other emerging democracies across the globe.
Inaugurated in 2008, WCED works alongside the Center for European Studies; Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies; and Islamic Studies Program and in association with the Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia.
- Alumni panel to discuss Bosnia twenty years after peace agreement November 9, 2015
- Upcoming lectures focus on economic climates in Greece, Russia November 3, 2015
- Democracy provides more electricity to world citizens October 30, 2015
- Exhibition. Soviet Constructivist Posters of the 1920s: Branding the New Order.
09/26/2015 - 02/21/2016;
- 5:00 PM
- Exhibition. Metamorphosis Chat.
12/05/2015 - 03/27/2016;
- 5:00 PM
- Conversations on Europe. “Cutting Water with a Knife: Refugees and Europe’s Mediterranean Question.”
Speaker: Maurizio Albahari, assistant professor of anthropology, University of Notre Dame
- 5:30 PM