The Center for European Studies (CES) - timely and cogent analysis of Europe and the EU.
CES is the focal point for the interdisciplinary study of Europe at the University of Michigan. Since 2008, CES works alongside the Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies in association with the Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia.
- Alumni panel to discuss Bosnia twenty years after peace agreement November 9, 2015
- With History of Emigration, Poland Now Confronts Immigration Crisis September 24, 2015
- Weiser Center releases 2014-15 Annual Report July 14, 2015
- Conversations on Europe. “Cutting Water with a Knife: Refugees and Europe’s Mediterranean Question.”
Speaker: Maurizio Albahari, assistant professor of anthropology, University of Notre Dame
- 5:30 PM
- WCED Lecture. “Greece and the Eurozone: Where To?”
Speaker: Stathis N. Kalyvas, Arnold Wolfers Professor of Political Science, Yale University
- 5:30 PM
- CREES Noon Lecture. “Of Secrecy and Laughter: Aesthetics, Governance, and the Covert Sphere in Soviet Lithuania (1964-85).”
Speaker: Neringa Klumbytė, associate professor of anthropology, Miami University
- 1:30 PM