The Center for European Studies (CES) - timely and cogent analysis of Europe and the EU.
CES is the focal point for the interdisciplinary study of Europe at the University of Michigan. Since 2008, CES works alongside the Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies in association with the Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia.
- Alumni panel to discuss Bosnia twenty years after peace agreement November 9, 2015
- With History of Emigration, Poland Now Confronts Immigration Crisis September 24, 2015
- Weiser Center releases 2014-15 Annual Report July 14, 2015
- WCED Lecture. “Learning from Europe? Prisons, Punishment, and American Exceptionalism.”
Speaker: Marc Morjé Howard, professor of government, Georgetown University
- 5:30 PM
- CREES Noon Lecture. “‘Sarajevo, My Dearest City, We Fixed You for the Olympics’: Representations of Sarajevo, 1979-87.”
Speaker: Zlatko Jovanovic, postdoctoral scholar, Saxo Institute, University of Copenhagen; CREES visiting scholar, U-M
- 1:30 PM
- Conversations on Europe. “Refugees and Health Care Policies: How Does Europe Cope?”
Speaker: Saime Ozcurumez, assistant professor of political science and public administration, Bilkent University
- 5:30 PM