Go Blue Wherever You Are!
2013 II Photo Contest Winner
While in the outskirts of Marrakech, 3 day camel trek. Photo courtesy: Christine Brash, Winner "Go Blue" category
The University of Michigan International Institute (II) advances the exchange of knowledge, ideas, and resources across U-M’s campus and with partnering institutions worldwide. Working actively with its centers and other academic units, the institute expands and enriches instructional programs, advances language study, and provides funding to students and faculty for research and study overseas. The II also brings leading scholars together to address national and international problems and collaborates with other academic units to recruit faculty members with international expertise.
- CJS Special Lecture: Making Japanese Tea: Cultural Nationalism in Practice
Speaker: Kristin Surak, Associate Professor of Japanese Politics, SOAS, University of London
- 1:00 PM
- ASP Lecture. “The Smyrna Catastrophe, 1922."
Speaker: Richard G. Hovannisian, professor emeritus of history, University of California, Los Angeles
- 1:30 PM
- CJS Special Event: Tea Ceremony Demonstration
Speaker: Kristin Surak, Associate Professor of Japanese Politics, SOAS , University of London
- Film. Ashes and Diamonds (Popiól i diament).
- LRCCS Noon Lecture Series: Beijing Brainwashing: Cold War Maoism and the Minds of the Masses
Speaker: Aminda Smith, Associate Professor of History, Michigan State University
- Introducing SEA Series: Economic Development in Southeast Asia
Speaker: Linda Lim. Professor of Corporate Strategy and International Business, Stephen M. Ross School of Business
- 8:00 PM