Pussy Riot/Zona Prava
Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina spoke at the Michigan Theater on Sep 18. Click for video
Ambassador Ronald and Eileen Weiser at the WCEE Inauguration. Ronald Weiser was the U.S. Ambassador to the Slovak Republic from 2001-04. Photo by Peter Smith
The Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia works in common association with the Center for European Studies; Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies; Islamic Studies Program; and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies at the University of Michigan International Institute. Inaugurated in 2008 thanks to the generosity of Ambassador Ronald Weiser and Eileen Weiser, WCEE is dedicated to enhancing interdisciplinary knowledge about, and public engagement with, the institutions, cultures, and histories of Europe and Eurasia.
- Scottish referendum and poetry focus of series at U-M October 15, 2014
- President of Albania to deliver lecture at University of Michigan September 9, 2014
- Pussy Riot members to give Penny Stamps Lecture September 8, 2014
- Film. The Promised Land (Ziemia Obiecana).
- CREES Noon Lecture. “Pluralism from Below: Negotiating Religious Diversity in Catholic Poland.”
Speaker: Agnieszka Pasieka, assistant professor of anthropology, Institute of Slavic Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences
- 1:30 PM
- Film. Man of Iron (Czlowiek z zelaza).