We wish to thank Ambassador Ronald Weiser and Eileen Lappin Weiser for their generous donation, their engagement, and their commitment to WCED/WCEE and the University of Michigan
Pussy Riot/Zona Prava
Click for video of Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina's appearance at the Michigan Theater. Photo by Peter Smith
Ambassador Ronald and Eileen Weiser at the WCEE Inauguration. Ronald Weiser was the U.S. Ambassador to the Slovak Republic from 2001-04. Photo by Peter Smith
The Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia works in common association with the Center for European Studies; Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies; Islamic Studies Program; and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies at the University of Michigan International Institute. Inaugurated in 2008 thanks to the generosity of Ambassador Ronald Weiser and Eileen Weiser, WCEE is dedicated to enhancing interdisciplinary knowledge about, and public engagement with, the institutions, cultures, and histories of Europe and Eurasia.
- Photo exhibit at Work Gallery explores corruption in Russia May 1, 2015
- Weiser Center awards $100K for student research, internships April 28, 2015
- Polish Jewish museum director to give upcoming lecture April 2, 2015
- UMMA Exhibit. Hana Hamplová: Meditations on Paper.
02/21/2015 - 08/29/2015;
- 5:00 PM
- WCED Exhibit. Photo 51: Is Corruption in Russia’s DNA?
05/09/2015 - 06/20/2015;
- 7:00 PM
- Cinetopia International Film Festival
06/05/2015 - 06/14/2015;