Congratulations to the 2015 REES graduates!
CREES Videos on YouTube
Many CREES videos are available on YouTube. Click the image above to be directed to the CREES channel. Photos by Peter Smith
CREES Graduate Programs
Click to learn about the REES M.A. and other offerings for graduate students
Pussy Riot/Zona Prava
Click for video of Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina's appearance at the Michigan Theater. Photo by Peter Smith
Zamek Królewski, Kraków
CREES has long been invested in making The University of Michigan a center of Polish studies in North America
CREES is the Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies at the University of Michigan’s International Institute. A long-time recipient of U.S. Department of Education Title VI grants, the center currently awards US/ED-supported Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships. CREES is home to the Copernicus Program in Polish Studies, and works alongside the Center for European Studies and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies in association with the Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia.
- Jeffrey Veidlinger named director of the Frankel Center July 21, 2015
- Weiser Center releases 2014-15 Annual Report July 14, 2015
- Finding Something More Polish than Pierogi Made with Wonton Wrappers June 29, 2015
- Speak, Dance, Love...Chocolate!
- 6:00 PM
- Kaprálová Festival. Opening Fanfare and Lecture
- 1:00 PM
- Kaprálová Festival. Recital of Childhood Pieces and Other Works
- 3:30 PM