The Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies (LACS) seeks to broaden the study of Latin America and the Caribbean across many disciplines by exploring issues of culture, race, ethnicity, and gender within a political and historical context. The center also seeks to advance awareness of the region by collaborating with student group on campus.
This list represents some, but certainly not all, of the Michigan student groups that focus on Latin America and/or the Caribbean. New groups may be created at any time, so if the group you wish existed isn't on the list, ask around and you may find others interested in establishing a new group. And if your existing group isn't listed below please contact us so that we can add you.
- Caribbean Student Association
- Círculo Andino "Micaela Bastidas Phuyuqhawa" (Andean Circle)
- HBSA (Hispanic Business Students Association)
- LABSA (Latin American Business Student Association)
- ALMA (Assisting Latinos to Maximize Achievement)
- BRASA (Brazilian Business Student Association)
- LA CASA (Latinx Alliance for Community Action, Support, and Advocacy)
- SANA (M-Heal Service Abroad and Needs Assessment)
- Quito Project
- Michigan Argentine Tango Club
- Sa Nimá
- La Salud (Latin@ Public Health Student Organization)
- Migration and Displacement Interdisciplinary Workshop