International Studies Virtual Information Session and Q&A
Students considering a major or minor in International Studies are strongly encouraged to attend an International Studies Information Session and Q&A. International Studies academic advisors will discuss:
• Major and minor requirements
• How to declare
• Additional majors and minors offered at the International Institute
• Study abroad, grants, and internships
• Relevance of an International Studies major or minor
Undeclared students should plan to attend an International Studies Information Session and Q&A. For dates of all upcoming sessions, please review the PICS event calendar. If you have questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Connecting Using the BlueJeans Network App:
1. Make sure Skype and other meeting apps are shut down
2. Download the free BlueJeans app: https://bluejeans.com/downloads. You do NOT need to sign up for a BlueJeans account, the connection is paid for by the U-M subscription to the service
3. Launch the BlueJeans app
4.. Select “Use Computer audio”, then NEXT
5. Choose "Join as guest” (bottom 1/4 of your screen)
6. Enter meeting ID: 800113384. No Passcode needed
7. Put your name in the guest user field
8. Select JOIN
9. During the guest presentation, please keep your microphone and camera muted in the BlueJeans interface
A half-hour presentation will be followed by questions and discussion. Students can declare the International Studies major or minor at the information session. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents and prospective students are welcome. For more information, please email email@example.com. Prospective students who would like to receive correspondence about International Studies related orientations, events, and special announcements should sign up for the International Studies Prospective Student email list: http://umich.us5.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=c5d81aed9f753c51ceb597dc0&id=e70f5ce914
If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend this event, please reach out to us at least 2 weeks in advance of this event. Please be aware that advance notice is necessary as some accommodations may require more time for the university to arrange. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Event Type:||Livestream / Virtual|
|Tags:||Global, Interdisciplinary, international, International Studies, Major, Minor, Undergraduate, Undergraduate Students|
|Source:||Happening @ Michigan from Program in International and Comparative Studies, International Institute, Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center|
International Institute Programming
The International Institute’s centers sponsor numerous conferences, lectures, exhibits, and cultural performances throughout the year. These events are designed to educate the university community and the public about global issues and inspire discussion and dialogue.
Sign up to receive our monthly e-newsletter.