Please e-mail all application materials to: email@example.com
Required Application Materials
- A cover letter, addressed to the Nam Center for Korean Studies
- Curriculum vitae in English: Please include home and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, e-mail address, date and place of birth, and a complete list of publications and professional activities
- Proposal in English outlining the research that will be undertaken while in residence at the University of Michigan. The proposal should be no more than three pages in length.
- Certified statement of financial support from the applicant's place of employment or financial institution
- A scanned copy of passport clearly showing picture, number and expiration date
- A one-time, non-refundable processing fee of $300. A scanned receipt of the wire transfer should be included in the application package. Please see the bottom of this page for the wiring information.
Applicants are advised to submit their applications early, as it normally takes four months to process them.
The center does not offer private office space to visiting scholars due to the space shortage.
Mandatory Health Insurance
Every visiting scholar and all accompanying dependents must have health insurance coverage that meets the standards of the University of Michigan. Health insurance coverage is coordinated through the U-M International Center.
Annual Administrative Fee
$2,000 is due following the mandatory immigration orientation, which is held at the International Center. Further instruction on the payment will be provided in the official invitation letter.
Visiting scholars affiliated with the Nam Center are expected to participate actively in the center's intellectual community and have monthly meetings with a mentor or the center director. They are asked to submit a report on the progress of their research upon the completion of their residency.
Bank of America
Swift Code BOFAUS3N
Acct Name UofM EFT Depository
Ref: Nam Center for Korean Studies (short code: 419722)