This grant provides up to $3,000 to support the development of courses to add a significant Korea-related module to an existing course, or to develop a Korea-related module for a new course.
All faculty from the Big Ten Academic Alliance who wish to significantly add, amplify, or enhance Korea content in existing or new courses.
- Applications should describe the proposed module and how it will add substantive content on Korea to the course.
- For existing courses, the current syllabus must be submitted and a revised syllabus will be requested upon conclusion of the project.
- Preference will be given to applications for courses where Korea is not a substantive part of the existing course or for new courses which propose innovative content.
- Grant funds can be used for expenses such as, but not limited to:
- Research assistance (e.g. compiling bibliography, resource database, or lecture slides)
- Translation assistance (e.g. Korean language materials to English for inclusion in the course)
- Research materials/course resources (books, DVDs etc)
- Travel for research (including per diem)
- Field trips
A maximum $3,000 per application.
To apply, e-mail the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org