Summer in Korea Scholarship
The Summer in Korea Scholarship provides two annual awards to support travel to Korea to attend Yonsei International Summer School. Recipients must take at least one language course in addition to subject courses. The fellowship covers full tuition, dormitory charges, and application and program fees. In addition, it covers airfare up to $1,700.
Applicants must be a University of Michigan undergraduate studying Korean Studies or a Korea-related field. Preference will be given to students planning to write their senior thesis on Korea.
Applicants must submit:
1. Online Application form
- You must be logged into your M+Google account to access this form
2. Statement of purpose and Transcript
- Statement of purpose should be 400-500 words and pasted into the application form.
- U-M transcripts can be accessed internally. Please give authorization for this on the application form
- Send the Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as e-mail attachment.
- Please format the subject line to: SummerinKRapplication
4. One letter of recommendation from an academic reference
- Ask your referee to fill out the online Letter of Recommendation (note--you must be logged into your M+Google account to access this form).
- U-M external referees must email a letter directly to email@example.com with the subject line: SummerinKRapplicationREFERENCE
Any hard copy correspondence should be mailed to:
Nam Center for Korean Studies
E: Summer in Korea
Suite 4661, School of Social Work Building
1080 S. University Ave.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1106