Steps Necessary to Graduate
As you enter your senior year, please make sure to complete all degree requirements and follow the steps below to ensure that you can graduate on time. Please note that any required courses applied towards your International Studies major must be completed with a grade of C- or better; otherwise, you will not be eligible to graduate.
To graduate you must:
1. Make an appointment with your PICS advisor as well as with your general academic advisor to discuss what requirements are met and how to fulfill the remaining requirements. This information will be entered in the release in your online file, where the appropriate auditing office receives it.
2. In order to graduate, seniors must get a release from each of their majors and minors before they will be audited. The release should be submitted prior to registering for the last semester of classes.
3. In order to be evaluated for graduation, every student must have an official academic degree audit.
4. Students should update their PICS advisor if they change or add International Studies major or minor courses to their schedule in their final semester (especially regional and/or elective courses). This will ensure that their senior release is accurate.
5. Apply for graduation by logging onto Wolverine Access. Go to Student Business, click on "Apply for Graduation," and follow the prompts. Make sure to verify your permanent address and specify how you want your name to appear on your diploma.
Please keep in mind that "walking" in the commencement ceremonies organized by the University of Michigan and PICS is not confirmation of your graduation. In the weeks following the commencement ceremonies, your completed coursework will be evaluated by the appropriate auditing office. Degrees will be conferred upon students who have applied to graduate and have fulfilled all degree requirements; including LSA college and distribution requirements as well as requirements for all declared majors and minors. Non-LSA students will be evaluated by their home schools.
Please review and RSVP for PICS Graduation Ceremony.
Follow these steps to verify completion of:
- International Studies major or minor requirements
- any study abroad or transfer credit that must be completed in order to graduate with an International Studies major or minor
For more information, please visit the Newnan Academic Advising Center graduation page.