Fellowships & Grants
- CIES Fulbright Faculty Workshop: Wednesday, June 3 at 9:30am in 2609 SSWB
- Fulbright Information Session: Tuesday, June 9 at 12pm in 1644 SSWB
- CIES Fulbright Faculty Workshop: Tuesday, June 16 at 10:00am in 2609 SSWB
- Fulbright Information Session: Monday, June 22 at 12pm in 1644 SSWB
- CIES Fulbright Faculty Workshop: Monday, June 29 at 9:30am in 2609 SSWB
The International Institute and its centers provide over $4 million each year to support international research and study. This funding includes fellowships and grants for faculty and student research abroad, international internships, and the study of less commonly taught languages.
A number of prestigious and competitive national fellowships, such as the Fulbright and Luce awards, are administered by the II. The University of Michigan led the nation in the number of Department of State U.S. Student Fulbright awards received in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Additionally, the International Institute promotes cross-cultural understanding by sponsoring exhibitions, workshops, and performances on campus. The II offers support to faculty and students for research abroad, language study, and participation in prestigious national scholarship competitions.