701 Tappan Street
A Symposium to Honor Robert F. Dernberger
In Fall Term 2015, the Lieberthal-Rogel Center for Chinese Studies will hold a symposium to honor the late Robert F. Dernberger’s long and distinguished career in Chinese economics. Panel and round table discussions with his former students and colleagues will take place on Friday morning, October 30th at the Ross School of Business. Panelists include Nicholas Lardy, Peterson Institute; Kenneth Lieberthal, Brookings Institution; Dwight Perkins, Harvard University; Thomas Rawski, University of Pittsburgh; Gene Chang, University of Toledo; Yasheng Huang, MIT; Albert Park, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology; Penelope Prime, Georgia State University; Yuen Yuen Ang and Jing Cai, University of Michigan.
9am-10:45am Panel One: Macro Economics and Politics
- Chair: Yuen Yuen Ang, U-M Department of Political Science
- Discussant: Kenneth Lieberthal, Brookings Institution
- Panelists: Yasheng Huang, Sloan School of Management, MIT; Penelope Prime, Robinson School of Business, Georgia State University; Dwight Perkins, Dept. of Economics, Harvard University
11am-12:30pm Panel Two: Micro Economics
- Chair: Jing Cai, U-M Department of Economics
- Discussant: Nicholas Lardy, Peterson Institute
- Panelists: Gene Chang, Asian Studies, University of Toledo; Albert Park, Dept. of Economics, HKUST Business School, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology; Thomas Rawski, Dept. of Economics, University of Pittsburgh
Registration for the symposium is now full. The symposium will be live streamed on the morning of October 30th and can be accessed through this link.