- Graduate Student Funding
- Undergraduate Student Funding
- Undergraduate Academic Year Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships
- Summer FLAS Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS)
- Undergraduate Study Abroad Scholarship
- Undergraduate Internship Scholarship
- Student Organization Funding
- Other Student Funding Sources
- Faculty Funding
- Language Lecturer Funding
- Digital Scholarship Workshop Travel Grants
- Asia Library Travel Grants
- Teacher Funding
Summer Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships provide funding to current UM undergraduate and graduate students to encourage the study of less commonly taught modern foreign languages in an intensive summer program in a context of an overall academic program of area studies, international studies or international aspects of professional studies.
Intensive language programs must teach the equivalent of a full academic year (fall and winter terms) of language classes at the University of Michigan. Students may attend the University of Michigan Summer Language Institute (SLI) or another eligible summer intensive language program in the United States or overseas.
Please visit the University of Michigan International Institute FLAS website for more information.
Note: Study abroad programs for Summer 2022 are contingent on permission to travel abroad from U-M, State Department, and ultimately the US Department of Education.
You can access the Summer Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships Application here.
For further questions, please contact the International Institute Fellowship & Grants Team: firstname.lastname@example.org