- Student Fellowships & Grants
- Faculty Funding
- Asia Library Travel Grants
- Teacher Funding
- Digital Scholarship Workshop Travel Grants
- Language Lecturer Funding
LRCCS Dissertation Fellowships are intended to speed the process of completing the dissertation. Except in unusual cases, they should be awarded to students who are at the writing stage of the dissertation. This will permit candidates to work full-time on the final stages of their dissertations.
Faculty nomination deadline: February 15, annually
Nominated student application deadline: March 1
Doctoral associates at LRCCS are eligible to be nominated for this award. A student must have achieved candidacy prior to the beginning of the term in which he or she receives a One-Term Dissertation Fellowship. The student must have established a dissertation committee and submitted the Nomination of Dissertation Committee form to the Rackham Academic Records and Dissertation Office prior to the beginning of the term in which he or she receives this fellowship. Recipients of this award may not be employed more than ten hours a week during the tenure of the fellowship. Recipients may not hold this award in conjunction with another award.
LRCCS faculty associates should nominate LRCCS doctoral associates on whose committee they serve. Allocations may not be deferred outside of the current academic year. Key criteria will be:
- Scholarly merit of the dissertation to the discipline AND to Chinese Studies.
- Student is in good standing and making reasonable progress to the degree.
- Record of previous LRCCS support.
- LRCCS faculty associate should submit a letter of nomination to LRCCS (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 15.
- Nominated student will be contacted by Center staff with instructions and a link after an application for the student has been created on the International Institute Fellowships and Grants online portal.
- Nominated students will submit all application materials on the online portal. Required application materials include an application form, dissertation abstract, writing sample, and current CV. Deadline for online material submission is March 1.
LRCCS One-Term Dissertation Fellowship consists of candidacy tuition, required fees, and a stipend equivalent to four months of 0.5FTE GSI salary ($10,200 for AY2017-18). This fellowship is benefits eligible, and the university portion of the benefits package will be covered by LRCCS for four months. A student may receive only one LRCCS One-Term Dissertation Fellowship. The fellowship may not be divided into smaller awards.