- Student Fellowships & Grants
- Masters Endowment Award
- Doctoral Endowment Award
- Walter Power Internship Scholarship
- Undergraduate Study Abroad Scholarship
- Peking American School Fellowship
- Katherine Taylor Fellowship
- Feuerwerker Fellowship for Conference Travel Funding
- One Term Dissertation Fellowship
- Lieberthal Family Fellowship for Short Term Funding
- UM Funding
- Other Funding Sources
- Student Organization Funding
- Faculty Funding
- Asia Library Travel Grants
- Teacher Funding
- Digital Scholarship Workshop Travel Grants
- Language Lecturer Funding
LRCCS has a limited amount of discretionary funds per year. Awards will be made on a case-by-case basis for short term travel, language study support, and field research support. (Standard conference travel support is under the Feuerwerker Fellowship for Conference Travel Funding.)
Requirements & Eligibility
- All graduate students at the University of Michigan are eligible to apply.
- Request for discretionary funds must be submitted at least three weeks in advance to the associate director of the Lieberthal-Rogel Center for Chinese Studies.
- Requests for language study or field research support must include a budget and detailed justification explaining why the student is unable to apply during the usual fellowship competition cycle.
- Complete an LRCCS Discretionary Funding Application.
Cost Sharing: Students are expected whenever possible to seek additional funding or cost-sharing from other units, especially their home departments, Rackham Fellowship Office, and the International Institute.
Discretionary funds are subject to availability. If funds run short, priority may be given to students with cost- sharing from other units and those with a demonstrated commitment to Chinese studies. All discretionary funding requests must be approved by the LRCCS associate director and the LRCCS Executive Committee.
Please send to Coordinator of Student Services, Lieberthal-Rogel Center for Chinese Studies, University of Michigan, 500 Church Street, Suite 400, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1042