- Student Fellowships & Grants
- Faculty Funding
- Asia Library Travel Grants
- Teacher Funding
- Digital Scholarship Workshop Travel Grants
- Language Lecturer Funding
Annual Thematic Conference Funding
Annual Conference Description
LRCCS will sponsor an annual conference on Chinese studies. The conference theme will be determined by a competitive application process with solicited proposals from LRCCS faculty associates.
Requirements & Eligibility
Proposals with some or all of the following components will receive priority
- Topics that are interdisciplinary and include participation from LRCCS faculty associates across disciplinary or methodological divides.
- Proposals that incorporate graduate student participation in a significant way, for example, through a graduate student panel or poster session.
- Proposals that encourage participation from outside U-M, especially from scholars from the greater China region:
In the event that there are many qualified proposals in a given year, the LRCCS executive committee may make multiple awards with the conferences scheduled over 2-3 years.
Deadline: Fall Term deadline: November 15th; Winter Term deadline: January 15th
Each proposal must include:
- A completed Application Form.
- A conference organizer or 2-3 co-organizers. At least one co-organizer must be a LRCCS faculty associate. LRCCS Center Associates may also be part of an organizing group.
- A detailed description of the conference theme, possible panel organization, a list of potential invitees, and a budget. The conference theme description should not exceed three pages.
- If the budget exceeds the maximum amount awarded by LRCCS, the application should also include other sources of funding.
We will accept proposals at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us at email@example.com. Our staff will receive and respond to your inquiries. We look forward to receiving your proposals.