- Student Fellowships & Grants
- Faculty Funding
- Asia Library Travel Grants
- Teacher Funding
- Digital Scholarship Workshop Travel Grants
- Language Lecturer Funding
Publishing Support Fund in Chinese Studies
Funds are now available! Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
The University of Michigan Lieberthal-Rogel Center for Chinese Studies Grants Publishing Support Fund is designed to assist LRCCS faculty associates, center associates and recent (within the past 5 years) PhD doctoral graduate student authors in the publication of scholarly works. These funds can be used to improve a manuscript-in-progress through a book workshop or they can be used to underwrite a finished manuscript as it goes to press. It is increasingly common that university and other scholarly presses request that authors provide funds to underwrite the publication of scholarly monographs and books. Subvention awards provide financial assistance to center members when other funds are unavailable or insufficient.
- Requesting author must be the sole or primary author and a faculty associate or center associate of this center or a recent (within the past 5 years) PhD doctoral graduate student in Chinese Studies of the University of Michigan.
- Subvention support of more than once in a three year period is subject to availability of funds and the applicant pool.
- The author and publisher must agree to acknowledge the LRCCS for the subvention grant in the acknowledgement section of the book.
- Publications can be in any language and any discipline.
- Artwork, maps, photographs, permissions and other special production elements are allowed.
- Routine author activities, such as indexing, or page and reprint costs of articles in professional journals are covered, as well as book workshops.
To apply for a publishing grant, please submit the following items:
- Cover Letter
- Application Form
- If your manuscript is under review or accepted by a press, include a letter or email from the publisher with your application
- Curriculum Vitae
Funding Limit: $5,000 per project
Deadlines: Fall term deadline: November 15; Winter term deadline: January 15
We will accept proposals at email@example.com. Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our staff will receive and respond to your inquiries. We look forward to receiving your proposals.