This year, LRCCS has reached out to our community, to the nation, and to the world:
- Celebrating Chinese mythology and customs with the Detroit Observatory (Mid-Autumn Festival) and the UM Planetarium (Lunar New Year)
- Connecting state-level government officials and nonprofits that support business with China (in collaboration with the Michigan China Innovation Center and the National Committee on U.S.-China Relations)
- Speaking out about the need to protect Chinese researchers and open science in the face of federal investigations
- Bringing researchers together to share best practices for studying China, especially in this new climate of mutual suspicion
- Hosting calligraphy scholars from the US, Taiwan, and the PRC for the first academic workshop on the Lo Jia-Lun Calligraphy Collection at UMMA
With your help, we are able to make the study of China relevant both inside and outside the academy. Thank you for your support!
Your Gifts at Work
Gifts to the Lieberthal-Rogel Center for Chinese Studies (LRCCS) are used to support the full range of our scholarly, academic, and community activities.
“I am deeply grateful for the generous fellowship support I received from the UM-CCS during my MA years in AA. Giving back, as my (really) small token of appreciation”, said Xiao Chen, associate professor of management at University of Prince Edward Island.
“Without the funding from LRCCS, I wouldn't have had the financial resources to pursue a dual degree in Public Policy and Chinese, and most importantly would not have been able to create long-lasting connections to professors, peers, and friends,” said Lindsey-Grey Quint, LRCCS current MA student.
Albert Feuerwerker and Ernest P. Young Fellowship (575300)
The Lieberthal-Rogel Center for Chinese Studies (LRCCS) has trained leading scholars on China and offers support for individuals in Chinese studies including students, faculty, and community educators. We ask your support to accomplish our center objectives through:
- Generous financial assistance for our master’s degree students
- Robust research funds for our doctoral students and faculty associates
- Innovative study abroad opportunities for our students in China
- Sustainable programs that promote the study of China in all disciplines
If you wish to support the Lieberthal-Rogel Center for Chinese Studies, please visit our online giving page or contact LRCCS at 734.764.6308.