- Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Program
- Indigenous Language Programs
- Study Abroad
- Alfredo Gutiérrez Dissertation Award for Graduate Students
- Brazil Initiative Scholarship for Portuguese Language Studies
- FLAS Fellowships for Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- LACS Tinker Field Research Grants for Graduate Students
Funding Applications due March 1
LACS offers one award for the Alfredo Gutiérrez Dissertation Award in Latin American and Caribbean Studies each year. The award of $16,000 goes to one Ph.D. candidate to support dissertation write-up. We particularly encourage nominations of students whose dissertation projects have interdisciplinary appeal.
The recipient of the Alfredo Gutiérrez Dissertation Grant is expected to concentrate his or her efforts during the period of the award on writing the dissertation.
Required materials: In addition to a letter of recommendation from the dissertation adviser, nominations require the student’s thesis prospectus, a one-page statement of purpose, and CV.
Selection criteria include: The clarity and coherence of the statement of purpose and prospectus, multidisciplinary appeal, and the extent to which the student's research is innovative and evidence-based.
Online application is available here.