- CMENAS–CSEAS Teacher Training Workshop
- East Asia National Resource Center
- LACS Teacher Training Workshop
- LACS–CMENAS Teacher Training Workshop
- MENA-SEA Teacher Program
- Midwest Institute for International / Intercultural Education (MIIIE)
- U-M/UPR Outreach Collaboration
- World History & Literature Initiative (WHaLI)
- Resources for Educators
- Middle East and North Africa
- Southeast Asia
The Center for Middle Eastern & North African Studies (CMENAS) is dedicated to promoting a broader and deeper understanding of the MENA region, a critical and complex region of the world, both in higher education and in K-14 classrooms.
We have provided a multitude of resources to help K-14 educators teach MENA-related subjects. Our goal is to connect educators to current and pedagogically-sound resources on the Middle East and North Africa. Lesson plans, recommended books/films, archival resources and other online portals are avaiable to educators in Michigan.
Over 30 lesson plans categorized by subject, along with a brief description of the lesson plan; K-14 educational materials on the Middle East and North Africa; and portals of non-profit organizations, think tanks, and educational institutions that feature teaching materials on the Middle East and North Africa.
Recommended reading on the Middle East and North Africa, as well as film lists and databases of relevant primary sources.
Case studies and teaching aids about Michigan’s MENA and Muslim communities.
Have anything to add to these resources? See something missing? Please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.