To RSVP, and to be added to email lists tailored to your specific interests, please visit: http://alturl.com/w4rzw. We would appreciate hearing from you by August 25.
The University of Michigan’s International Institute houses 17 centers and programs, each focused on specific world regions and global themes. Common benefits of connecting with our centers include:
• Joining student email lists for information on each center's activities, lectures, events, job news, conferences, funding opportunities, etc.
• Learning about funding opportunities: Each year, the International Institute and its centers distribute over $4 million to U-M students and faculty, resulting in approximately 500 awards for international study and research.
• Utilizing our course lists to identify classes that are relevant to your regions or countries of interest.
• Invitations to special events where you can connect with guest speakers, as well as other students and faculty who share similar interests.
• Earning a graduate certificate or master’s degree focused on a world region or theme. These programs vary by center. Many of our students earn dual degrees with other programs, and/or proceed directly from undergraduate studies into our MA or certificate programs.
If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend this event, please reach out to us at least 24 hours in advance of this event. Please be aware that advance notice is necessary as some accommodations may require more time for the university to arrange. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Event Type:||Reception / Open House|
|Tags:||Graduate School, International, Transfer Students, Undergraduate|
|Source:||Happening @ Michigan from International Institute, Center for Japanese Studies, Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Center for European Studies, Center for Middle Eastern and North African Studies, Lieberthal-Rogel Center for Chinese Studies, Nam Center for Korean Studies, Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies, Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies, Copernicus Program in Polish Studies, Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia, Armenian Studies Program, Global Islamic Studies Center, African Studies Center, Center for South Asian Studies, Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, LSA Honors Program, Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center, LSA Opportunity Hub|
International Institute Programming
The International Institute’s centers sponsor numerous conferences, lectures, exhibits, and cultural performances throughout the year. These events are designed to educate the university community and the public about global issues and inspire discussion and dialogue.
Sign up to receive our monthly e-newsletter.