Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Funding and Financial Aid


Qualified students can combine a MIRS degree with another U-M graduate or professional degree to create a self-initiated dual degree program. International Institute students have received dual degrees with: A. Alfred Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning, School for Environment and Sustainability, University of Michigan Law School, School of Public Health, Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, Ross School of Business, and School of Social Work.

Interested students must seek admission from both degree programs; students may apply simultaneously to both programs, or start in one and apply to the second during their first year. Our team of advisors will work closely with dual degree students throughout this process to ensure the requirements for both degrees are met in a timely manner.

For questions, contact:


Financial Aid

Additionally, the University of Michigan participates in the U.S. Department of Education William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program, and federal loans are available to eligible U.S. citizens and permanent residents who submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). More information regarding financial aid for graduate students, including federal work study, on-campus employment, and private loans can be found at the Office of Financial Aid.