- Donia Human Rights Fellows Program
- Funding Opportunities
- Belgrade Centre for Human Rights Fellowship
- Fair Labor Association Fellowship
- International Human Rights Fellowship
- International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims Summer Internship (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Korea-Michigan Human Rights Research Fellowship
- Robert J. Donia Graduate Student Fellowship
- Social Change Initiative Fellowship
- Student-Initiated Summer Internship Fellowship
- Syria Justice and Accountability Centre Fellowship
- Student Organizations
Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, all travel must follow current guidelines, which are detailed in the International Institute Travel Policy.
The Donia Human Rights Center Robert J. Donia Graduate Student Fellowship offers student summer grants of $6,000 to support graduate students engaged in research on human rights. Student grantees will conduct research leading to the writing of a paper on a relevant topic of their choosing. It is expected that during the spring and/or summer, grantees will devote their full time to their project in consultation with their faculty advisor(s).
Eligibility Requirements: Students in professional schools and graduate programs are eligible to apply. The grant will support a broad range of human rights issues but preference will be given to students engaged in historical research on human rights. The fellowship is limited to returning students. Students in the last year of terminal degree programs are not eligible for this fellowship.
Application Procedure: Applicants for the Robert J. Donia Graduate Student Fellowship should submit a 2-3 page proposal describing the research project they intend to carry out, including its topic, aims, method, anticipated scholarly contribution, and connection to human rights research. Applicants should also indicate the time period in which they will be conducting full-time work on their project. A letter of recommendation from a University of Michigan faculty member (preferably the student’s faculty advisor), a current transcript, and current CV should accompany the proposal. Application materials in electronic form are to be submitted to the Donia Human Rights Center at email@example.com.
Application deadline: Monday, January 31, 2022
Contact information: For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.