- Donia Human Rights Fellows Program
- Funding Opportunities
- Belgrade Centre for Human Rights Fellowship
- Fair Labor Association Fellowship
- Human Trafficking Clinic Fellowship
- Ian Fishback Human Rights Fellowship
- International Human Rights Fellowship
- International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims Summer Internship (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Korea-Michigan Human Rights Research Fellowship
- Robert J. Donia Graduate Student Fellowship
- Social Change Initiative Fellowship
- Student-Initiated Summer Internship Fellowship
- Syria Justice and Accountability Centre Fellowship
- Student Organizations
The Fair Labor Association (FLA) seeks to provide current graduate or advanced undergraduate students of the University of Michigan with internship opportunities to learn about labor and human rights issues and challenges in agricultural and apparel supply chains. The Fair Labor Association Fellowship is supported jointly by U-M President’s Advisory Committee on Labor Standards and Human Rights (PACLSHR) and the Donia Human Rights Center (DHRC) at the University of Michigan.
The FLA brings together business, civil society and universities to learn, share, and collaborate in responsible supply chain practices. The challenges in agricultural supply chains are complex and multi-faceted, and increasingly, investors, consumers, workers, governments, and civil society organizations are demanding that companies not only understand their supply chain, but are accountable to the workers. Universities have historically played a key role in moving the apparel supply chains toward responsible practices at FLA.
Eligibility: U-M graduate student; U-M advanced undergraduate student (at least two years of completed college education);
Students graduating in Spring 2023 are not eligible
About the Internship
Two fellowships are being offered for Summer 2023.
- Topic: Labor standards and human rights in the agriculture sector across Turkey
Deadline to Apply: February 15, 2023 (midnight); based in Turkey.
- Topic: Fair Compensation in Manufacturing & Agricultural Sectors
Deadline to Apply: February 15, 2023 (midnight); virtual
Application Process: Applicants are to submit materials by email to PACLSHRApplications@umich.edu. Enter “PACLSHR+DCHR FLA Internship: Fair Compensation Mfg Program” as the subject line and do not include any additional text in the email.
Include as attachments in PDF format:
- A current CV/resume
- A 150-300-word statement explaining your interest in this internship
- Current transcripts. Wolverine Access (un)official copies are acceptable for this purpose
Applications will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the PACLSHR, DHRC, and the FLA. Applicants are encouraged to email questions to PACLSHRApplications@umich.edu.