This funding is made possible with proceeds from the Amnuay-Samonsri Viravan Endowment for Thai Studies
The Center for Southeast Asian Studies offers modest funding opportunities to students and faculty from any discipline who work on Thailand.
We consider funding requests from undergraduates to help support study abroad, research, and internship opportunities in Thailand.
Preference will be given to those who have not received funding in the past and who enroll in Thai language courses at U-M.
All awards must be fully spent by April of the year following the award payment.
Award recipients are required to submit a brief narrative written report of the project and outcomes for inclusion in the CSEAS newsletter. Reports are due to CSEAS (email@example.com) one month after funds are spent. In addition, all recipients are expected to participate in a Thai Studies Endowment symposium, usually held in the Fall following the award. Please also inform us of any publications or presentations that come from supported research.
The competition deadline is March 15. All application materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on that date.
Please submit the following materials to email@example.com:
- Application form
- Description of internship, study abroad, or research project. For internships, include the name of the organization, the length of the internship, and any compensation offered by the organization. For research projects, outline a research plan including research question(s), methodology, and resources to be used in Thailand. For study abroad, include a summary of the program objectives and links to program descriptions.
- Invitation or acceptance letter from the organization for internship
- List of other funding for which the applicant has applied, if any
- Two academic letters of recommendation. These can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Budget statement outlining all expenses