The Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS) is pleased to offer students scholarships for studying Filipino, Indonesian, Thai, or Vietnamese language.
CSEAS will offer $1,000-2,000 scholarships on a competitive basis to students enrolling in the full sequence (Fall and Winter semesters) of Filipino, Indonesian, Thai, or Vietnamese language.
Although priority is given to students taking the first year (beginning) of a SEA language, scholarships may be given at any level of study and to undergraduate and graduate students. Preference also will be given to undergraduates in their first or second years at the university.
The scholarships will be given in two disbursements, paid out after the drop-add deadline each semester. Students must complete the two-course sequence.
Applications deadline: September 30
A complete application will include:
- Completed application form.
- Language self-report (download document on application site).
- Personal Statement (maximum one page, 12-point font, with applicant's name on top) - Please tell us why you are interested in studying the language and what you hope to accomplish from this.
- Academic transcripts - For incoming students: copy of high school transcript and any previous college-level work; For continuing U-M students: U-M transcript (unofficial copies are acceptable.
- One Letter of Recommendation from Language Instructor.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org