The Office of the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs established in 2010 this yearly prize in honor of this distinguished Professor Emerita from the School of Music, who has long ties to the Center for Southeast Asian Studies. The award is $1,000.
This is a self-nominating competition, and students may submit either a completed paper or a description of research they are currently working on, including field notes or other pertinent material. The format is up to the student. This competition is open to graduate students at any level and in any program.
Please submit, with your paper or project description, a letter of support from your advisor which will note what is remarkable about your project and why it should be considered for the award. Faculty letters should be submitted directly to the Center and can be mailed, faxed or emailed. Or, faculty may enclose their letter in a sealed envelope signed across the flap if they wish the student applicant to deliver it.
Application Deadline: March 20
Please send applications to email@example.com.
Past Judith Becker Award Winners:
- Andy Buschmann, Political Science (2019)
- Stephanie Fajardo, History (2018)
- Charles Zuckerman, Anthropology (2017)
- Napong Tao Rugkhapan, Urban and Regional Planning (2016)
- Kathryn Demanelis, Public Health; and Tina Le, Art History (2015)
- Scott McLoughlin, Anthropology (2014)
- Dominic J. Nardi, Jr., Political Science (2013)
- Ajay Shenoy, Economics (2012)
- Marco Garrido, Sociology (2011)
- Alex Cannon, Musicology (2010)