Under this program, U-M students may design and pursue short-term (approximately 1 week) experiential learning projects focusing on cultural, economic, social, and political issues of importance to the U.S.-Russia relationship.
The Ford School and CREES are looking for a range of creative (but feasible) proposals that focus on practical professional development related to Russia and the broader region. Examples include:
- Volunteering with organizations focused on Russian/Eastern European/Central Asian cultural exchange with the U.S.;
- Participating in domestic or international training sessions for future American diplomats, businesspeople or economists working on Russia and the surrounding region;
- Participating in international affairs/policy simulations related to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO);
- Curating an art exhibit related to the region.
Proposed activities for this round of funding must take place between September-December 2022. You may apply as an individual or a group of up to four students.
- Awards for projects that include approved domestic travel will range from $1,500 (for 1 student) to $6,000 (several students).
- For projects conducted remotely, awards will range from $750 (for 1 student) to $3,000 (several students).
- For Fall 2022, SIPs may be conducted remotely/virtually or in-person, within the United States or abroad.
Please note: this funding opportunity is open to current undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Awards may not be used to fund internship opportunities.
For full details on how to apply, please see our brochure. CREES and the Ford School will only accept applications via M-Compass: APPLY NOW
To discuss ideas for projects or if you have any additional questions, please contact:
- For CREES students: Liz Malinkin | email@example.com
- For Ford School students: Dan Ellis | firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Proposals for projects taking place between September and December 2022 are due, for round one (priority consideration), by Friday, August 19, 2022 at 11:59 pm. A second round of reviews will take place for proposals submitted by Friday, September 16, 2022 at 11:59 pm.