JLL - Tokyo
Duration: 8 weeks, starting May 2020 (flexible)
- Markets Intern (1 position available)
- Research Intern (1 position available)
- Hotels Intern (2 positions available)
- Technology, Data, and Information Management Intern (1 position available)
- A university student preferably in real estate/land economics, finance or business administration
- Self-motivated team player with a responsible, energetic and outgoing personality
- Strong English communication skills required, Japanese not essential but preferred
- Advanced English and Japanese ability desirable
- Interest in research for economics and real estate market
- Reasonable IT knowledge for adaptability to latest PC applications
- Reasonable Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Possess a professional attitude and understanding of ethical standard
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Basic IT literary on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Communication skill in Japanese, ideally with a capability to write reports in Japanese
- Basic understanding on accounting and corporate finance
- Personal interest in hotel and real estate business
Technology, Data, and Information Management Intern
- Coding / programming skills such as SQL, Python, C++, Java, and/or others
- Interest and passion in technology and innovation
- Team player
- Innovative and creative mindset
- Self-starter and learner
- Learn real estate advisory sector and understand occupancy strategies
- Gain insights into Real Estate sector in Japan
- Assist team members in providing real estate services to domestic and corporate clients
- Learn business processes and utilize tools and databases
- Gain basic understanding of typical services include master planning, occupancy strategies, implementing strategy decisions including lease acquisitions, lease renewal/restructures, lease dispositions or other related services
- Other duties as required
- Provide overall support to the Research department and/or other departments
- Research and write reports, executive summaries, blogs, etc.
- Assist in various marketing initiatives including but not limited to digital, social, events, campaigns, etc.
- Assist senior colleagues on hotel feasibility study, valuation, and brokerage
- Attend property inspections and field trips (depending on project)
- Work on spreadsheet to prepare market data analysis and cash flow projections
- Writing up sections in an advisory report
Technology, Data, and Information Management Intern
- Provide overall support to the Technology, Data and Information Management department
- Assist on various projects including but not limited to:
- Data analytics, visualization, input, consolidation, extraction, maintenance, etc.
- Geography Information System (GIS) and location intelligence
- Exploratory research on blockchain, IoT, AI, and its applicability to real estate
- Local commute costs covered
- Varies by position (see above descriptions)
Kiuchi Brewery - Naka Ibaraki Prefecture
6–8 weeks, between early May and late August (May and June are the cooler months. July and August are good for beach events and local festivals but it gets very hot.)
Position Title: Assistant Brewery Worker
Most employees here start from scratch without any specific qualifications related to the beer industry, therefore all we desire is for the interns to be hard working, responsible and be adaptable to many roles. And of course have an interest in beer.
Number of Positions: 2. Applicants MUST be over 20 years old.
The primary job of the brewery worker is to assist where support is needed. This will cover many areas including keg filling, bottling, canning, packaging, fermentation, beer transfers, tank cleaning, analysis, and brewing.
In past experience, the intern mainly rotated between tank cleaning and keg filling, then had a day of analysis and brewing. There was also the occasional help in packaging.
Interns will receive meal and transportation support in the amount of 5000JPY per day. Payday is the last day of each month and the last day of the internship.
PLEASE NOTE: Interns are expected to arrive with enough cash to support themselves until their first payment – advance payments from the company will not be possible
Private bedrooms will be provided free of charge in company housing (shared kitchen, living room, bathroom etc)
None required, but since most staff members are local Japanese, a basic understanding of Japanese will help.
Kyoto Arts & Crafts University - Kyoto
Duration: May – June 2020 (8 weeks)
Position Title: English Teaching Assistant
- An interest in English language education is desired
- An interest in art and/or architecture is desired, but not required
Number of Positions: 3
- Assistant at ordinary English language classes
- Extra-curricular free English conversation sessions
Compensation: Accommodation in college dormitory and transportation fee between dorm and campus
Native English speaker. Basic Japanese language ability to buy train tickets and daily necessary items, but fluent Japanese is not necessary.
Raksul - Tokyo
Duration: From May 1 for 6~8 weeks (negotiable). We are open to receiving students at any time throughout the year.
Position Title: Software Engineer (preferred), UX designer
- Self-driven young engineer with a passion for new challenges and problem solving. Priority to students with experience in web development and knowledge or experience with PHP and/or Ruby on Rails.
- Basic UX design skills and knowledge including:
- User research
- Qualitative/quantitative data analysis
- Mapping and modeling user experience, user journey, etc.
- Generate ideas with team members collaboratively
- Prioritizing users’ tasks with teams
- Visualize ideas with wireframes
- Prototyping product for testing
- Usability testing
- Priority given to students with one of these skill sets below.
- Visual design skill using Adobe CS or Sketch
- Basic coding skill and experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Basic programming skills and experience (rails/Java/PHP/Swift/etc.)
- Quick doodle drawing on whiteboard
Number of Positions: 1-2
- Software Engineer:
- You will work with the engineering team to solve real business challenges. You will get hands-on experience in: analysis and abstraction of business operations; modelling domain specific data; designing high-level system architectures; the delivery and maintaining the system.
- UX designer:
- You will work along with designers and other team members to support UX activities and turn the design solution into a real web product.
If the intern performs well, he or she will be considered for a full-time position after graduation.
Compensation: No salary, but transportation, meals, and housing subsidy
Japanese is required. All meetings and documents are in Japanese, so the student should have at least business level Japanese to be able to function. Speaking is more important than reading & writing. An estimate level will be JLPT N2 (Japanese Language Proficiency Test level 2).
Higher level of overall language skills expected from the UX design candidate, as he or she has to work with B2B Japanese-only products and have certain interaction with our users (non-English speaking).