Please submit manuscripts or proposals to the chair of the center’s Faculty Advisory Board for Publications. We ask that you submit the following materials via email:
1. A proposal statement addressing the following points
- the purpose or rationale of your book (for projects in social sciences, please include references to your sources and methodology)
- similar or competing books in the field
- the audiences you envision for your book and the contributions your work offers
- why you think your manuscript is suited to the University of Michigan Center for Japanese Studies
- the length of the manuscript and the number of illustrations incorporated
- your timetable for completion of the project (if it is already finished, please let us know that, too)
2. An annotated Table of Contents, providing outline of your chapters. This should be no more than a paragraph or two describing the content of each chapter.
3. An introduction or detailed overview of your project, along with any sample chapters available. If your manuscript is complete, please submit the full manuscript.
4. A curriculum vitae or resume for all authors or volume editors; for edited volumes, please include a list of your contributors along with their professional affiliations.