Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, all travel must follow current guidelines, which are detailed in the International Institute Travel Policy.
Deadline March 1 | Application period begins on January 15
The Center for Armenian Studies seeks applications for funding from U-M undergraduate and graduate students whose research/projects are related to Armenian studies. Applicants for research grants may be at preliminary or more advanced stages of their research.
Deadline: Online application, including all the required documents listed below must be submitted by 11:59pm on March 1.
Eligibility: Applicants must be enrolled in full-time undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree programs at the University of Michigan. Upon completing the project, the student must return to campus for at least one term prior to graduation.
Application Procedure: The following materials are required:
- Online application form (the application period begins on January 15)
- One letter of recommendation requested via online application system. Applicants must enter the name, department, and email address of the recommender, and then send a request via online application system. The recommender will receive an email request and instructions for submitting the letter through a secured section of the online application system. The Letter of Recommendation should come from a U-M faculty, staff member, or advisor and it must be submitted before the application deadline.
- Statement of purpose (1-3 pages, single-spaced, 12-pt. font) including proposed time period, institutional affiliation, location, your reasons for pursuing the internship or research project, and how this experience will contribute to your career goals.
- Project expense information including the estimated cost for transportation, housing, food, visa fees, CDC-required immunizations, and U-M Travel Abroad Health Insurance coverage. All applicants are required to complete a project expense sheet that provides a detailed breakdown of all project expenses by location. Download the project expense sheet, complete it, and upload it as part of your application.
- Letter of Invitation or Description of In-country Resources. Those without a formal in-country affiliate should submit a brief description of in-country resources to be used and how they will be secured.
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- University of Michigan transcript
Selection Process: The CAS selection committee will evaluate the applications and notify applicants by mid- April. The CAS does not provide feedback to applicants on the quality of their proposals, nor provide applicants with evaluators' comments.
Reporting Requirements: Grantees will be required to provide a brief report (2–5 pages) outlining the experience within a month of completing their research. Grantees are also encouraged to write an article or submit photographs (or both) to be considered for publication in the Center for Armenian Studies materials.
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 734.763.0622.