Alpaca Yarn in Cusco--Photo by David Frye
Wherever you go, Go Blue!
The University of Michigan Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies (LACS) stimulates and supports regionally focused academic and curricular endeavors. The center is a nexus for faculty members and students from a wide range of disciplines and perspectives who share a common interest in Latin America and the Caribbean. LACS also fosters engagement and exchange between the people of Michigan and the Latin American and Caribbean scholars, activists, and artists who make up our global community.
- Panel on re-establishing US-Cuba relations: Walking the tightrope for success January 29, 2015
- Goodbye, Comadre January 26, 2015
- U-M professor and daughter of Cuban exiles on new policy toward Cuba January 19, 2015
- Re-establishing U.S.-Cuba Relations: Walking the Tightrope for Success
Speaker: Ruth Behar, Silvia Pedraza, Melvyn Levitsky
- 7:00 PM
- 2015 Tinker Field Research Grants Info Session
Speaker: Lenny Ureña
- 3:00 PM
- Intimate Strangers: Latin America, Spain and the Middle East
Speaker: Juan Cole, Juan F. Caraball-Resto, and Sergio I. Moya-Mena
- 4:00 PM