The Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies (CREES) seeks applications from students in REES and REES-focused undergraduate and graduate degree programs at the University of Michigan for grants of up to $1000 towards summer or semester-long research projects focused on Ukraine.
Deadline: March 15 at 5:00 PM
Eligibility: Applicants must be enrolled in full-time undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree programs at the University of Michigan. Grants will not be considered for students graduating in the current Winter Term. Applicants for research grants may be at preliminary or more advanced stages of their research.
Application Requirements: Applicants must submit the following application materials:
- WCEE summer funding application (enter the II Fellowships & Grants site, complete basic information, and choose "Apply Now" next to "WCEE Student Fellowship" in the list of awards)
- Statement of purpose (2-3 pages) including proposed time period, institutional affiliation, your reasons for pursuing the project, and how this experience will contribute to your career goals
- One letter of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae or résumé
- Official University of Michigan transcript
A written report based on the project will be required at its conclusion.
2015 Ukrainian Research Grant Recipient
Nadiya Kostyuk, PhD Public Policy & Political Science
2014 Ukrainian Research Grant Recipient
Deborah Jones, PhD Anthropology